Internship Profile: Hogan Millheim Builds Business Experience

Name: Hogan Millheim

Hometown: Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Major: Business administration and a minor in finance

Internship: Millheim joined Merck as an associate specialist. He engaged with the global site budget and payments leadership team and general staffing team members to support and lead projects that drive the efficient and ethical conduct of clinical trials across the region. Millheim assisted with routine trial initiation deliverables, including global site budgets, fair market value (FMV) assessment and site payments.

How HPU helped you get there: “Walking around and being on campus has helped me grow as an individual. The atmosphere of High Point University has shaped the way I think, and being a part of such an inspiring environment is amazing. Having classes in buildings like the Wilson School of Commerce has given me the confidence to excel and succeed. HPU’s environment creates a certain mindset that you will not get elsewhere. I am surrounded by many successful peers, and I believe that support system has helped me grow personally and professionally. Seeing others succeed has only made me strive for greater heights. The Office of Career and Professional Development has helped me create a strong resume. They have helped me craft various sections of the resume so it stands out for recruiters and hiring managers.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “I have had many impactful professors at HPU, that I really cannot choose just one individual. Every professor and advisor I’ve interacted with has shaped my professional and personal development in a positive way.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been incredible! Although it was virtual, Merck made sure the experience would still be worthwhile. Networking has been one of the biggest takeaways this summer. Every week I am speaking with two to three new colleagues in finance at Merck. I have learned about roles in Global and Corporate Strategy, FP&A, Business Development, M&A, Corporate Development, and many others. I have created new connections with individuals who have been more than willing to lend a hand in the future if I ever need help.”