Internship Profile: Kyle Michaud Serves in Online Sales Role

Name: Kyle Michaud

Hometown: Middlebury, Connecticut

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and Spanish

Internship: Michaud joins Stony Point as an online business development representative. He is responsible for setting appointments for senior sales staff with prospective buyers of Salesforce Technical Training, prospective buyers of Salesforce Custom End User Training and Adoption, and prospective referral sources.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU always had resources available for me to use whenever I needed them. When I lost my first internship due to COVID-19 I reached out to Larry Quinn, who quickly connected me with the right people to quickly obtain a new internship. I also reached out to Suzanne Ward, who helped me get an on-campus job as a tutor and student instructor for Spanish, which helped me build my leadership and organizational skills. HPU has always had great mentors that take time to get to know their students. You can tell people like Senora Ward and Professor Quinn really do care about you and want to see you succeed. I went to the Office of Career and Professional Development a lot to get my resume and LinkedIn profile to a point where I am proud of it. I found myself in their office whenever I felt I needed a push in the right direction. They helped me understand internships and how to find one that is a good fit.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “Suzanne Ward and Larry Quinn have been my most impactful mentors. They have both helped me more than I could have imagined. Suzanne Ward is my go-to person at HPU. I am always with her helping her students and coming up with new ways to engage students. She is the reason I am vice president of the Spanish club. Anytime I doubted myself I knew I could always go see her and she would motivate me. Larry Quinn is my go-to business professor at HPU. He set up mock interviews with me and wouldn’t hesitate to help if I asked. He was the reason I added a sales minor and the reason I am in a sales internship today.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “The internship has been amazing. It’s all online and always has been. Every day I am working hands-on with salesforce and it is preparing me more than I could have expected. Being a sales minor and wanting to pursue a career in sales, I couldn’t be more excited to learn Salesforce before I graduate. This experience will put me in a great position to be more competitive for full-time positions after graduation.”