Internship Profile: Thomas Hart Utilizes Video Production Skills

Name: Thomas Hart

Hometown: Tega Cay, South Carolina

Major: Sports media

Internship: Hart joins WEIMA Maschinenbau as a video design intern where he will be working on creating service videos for WEIMA. The videos will help show technicians across the globe how to service and repair their shredders or briquette presses.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s hands-on learning has tremendously helped prepare me for this internship. Using what I’ve learned in the classroom and applying it to the real-world is so surreal, and knowing that I’ve been prepared for this is a testament to the preparation our professors give us. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me immensely with creating a LinkedIn profile as well as a professional and concise resumé.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “Professor Powell, chair and assistant professor in the Department of Media Production and Entrepreneurship; and Martin Yount, video producer; both in the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication, made such an impact on me. They were focused and driven to make sure we got better each and every time we worked with the video equipment.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Being a sports media major I knew that finding an internship this summer would be a challenge. WEIMAs market is outside my realm of knowledge, but adapting to the ever-changing environment and learning new market spaces is so beneficial for life outside of school.”