Class of 2020 Outcomes: Kenneth Wright Joins Wagner Agencies

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Kenneth Wright

Hometown: Rock Hill, South Carolina

Major: Business administration with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Wright joins Wagner Agencies as an individual producer. Wagner Agencies is an AIL Division of Globe Life that provides families with no-cost benefits as well as life, accident, and supplemental health products to help protect members of labor unions, credit unions, associations, and their families.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through my classes and other campus involvement I learned a lot about the life skills that I would need to be successful. I had many opportunities at HPU to develop these skills and I have been able to bring that into the workplace with me. My time at High Point University really prepared me well for my career. The Office of Career and Professional Development has a lot of great resources to prepare students for everything. I was able to build a really strong resume and a strong LinkedIn profile. I also gained a lot of confidence in my interviewing skills.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would have to be Professor Randy Moser. I took my first sales class with him. Professor Moser taught me the importance of listening to clients and identifying their needs. In my career now, this is an extremely important skill. Every family I sit with has different needs and I need to pay close attention to each of them in order to build them a plan that will best fit their family. Professor Moser taught me a lot of the simple sales skills I needed to succeed in my current position. He also gave me a lot of great advice for finding a job and being successful.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was being on the leadership team for Campus Outreach. Campus Outreach is a Christian ministry on HPU’s campus. I have always been a very introverted person so sharing my faith with others on campus encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone, which had a greater impact on my life than anything else I have ever done. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to go deeper in my faith, grow as a leader and serve God with some of my closest friends.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Getting involved on campus is extremely important for developing your skills outside of the classroom and also making important connections. Getting involved in clubs early on is a great way to build up your resume and get a lot of experience outside the classroom.”