Class of 2020 Outcomes: Olivia Raulf Decides on Nursing

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Olivia Raulf

Hometown: Stewartsville, New Jersey

Major: Exercise science with a focus in health and wellness

Post-graduation plans: Raulf will be attending Duke University’s School of Nursing to pursue an accelerated Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provides great resources for students to help us choose our career path. By taking the classes I did and utilizing the Office of Student Success, I was able to quickly realize my passion for helping others and decided to pursue a career in nursing. Not only did I go to the Office of Career and Professional Development for help on a professional resume, but everyone in that office was always open and willing to help with any questions or concerns I had. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor would have to be Britt Carl. She was my freshman success coach and definitely helped me decide on my major in exercise science. Every time I see her, I still make sure to say hi and she is always happy to hear about everything going on in my life and give me advice.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment would be taking the exercise science classes that I knew would be helpful in preparing me for graduate school. Not only did these classes help, but the way my professors prepared me helped tremendously.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen would be to get involved. Stay busy and try new things. Every little thing you do helps determine your career and passions and are great experiences too.”