Career & Internships Recent Events
Annual Etiquette Dinner – Tuesday, February 19, 2013 – Wilson School of Commerce Ballroom – 6-8 PM
- Featured speaker – Maribeth Geraci Hudgins, owner/founder of Dress Code in Greensboro, NC. Maribeth has 20 years of fashion and personal styling experience. As well as being a professional consultant, she also owns a women’s retail store. Maribeth worked several years in the Banking industry and there she learned quickly the role visual image and presence played in people’s success.As she defined her own individual style, the foundation and key components of Dress Code were created.
- Maribeth spoke to our students about proper dining etiquette and appropriate attire/conversation for business interviews/meals.
First-Ever LinkedIn Workshop and Photo Booth – Thursday, February 21, 2013 – Phillips School of Business, 117 – 12-5 PM
- Gave the students the opportunity to sit down with staff from the Career & Internship Services Office to learn about how to create a professional LinkedIn profile.
- A professional photo booth was set up outside of the classroom to allow students the opportunity to take a proper LinkedIn profile photo.
- **A special thanks goes out to Melia Sigmon, a Career Peer Ambassador, for all of her hard work in ensuring that the photo booth was a success.
- More than 50 students attended the event.