NOTE: We will not be receiving any applications for SuRPS 2019 because of the opening of the new Wanek School of Undergraduate Sciences and the moving of laboratory equipment during the summer of 2019. SuRPS will return in 2020.
The College of Arts and Sciences in collaboration with the Undergraduate Research and Creative Works office at High Point University is excited to announce the Summer Research Program in the Sciences (SuRPS) for Summer 2018 for students and faculty in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The program will provide an opportunity for faculty mentors and students to work together on undergraduate research projects for eight weeks at High Point University. Housing and meals will be provided for students.
Student can apply through HPU’s Undergraduate and Creative Works program available here. The deadline for application submission is Saturday, February 24 @ midnight.
Tentative Timeline for 2018 SuRPS Program
- Friday, December 29: Faculty research proposal deadline
- Dec – Jan: Selection committee reviews / ranks proposals for award
- Friday, January 12: Notification sent to faculty re: SuRPS awards
- Friday, January 26: Online application available
- Saturday, February 24: Student application deadline
- Friday, March 16: Students notified about positions
SuRPS Program Dates: Monday, June 4 – Friday, July 27
- Thursday, July 26: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 1
- Friday, July 27: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 2, Lab clean-‐up, lunch and check out
Questions regarding the research proposal submission and review process can be directed to Angela Bauer (Chair of Biology), Brian Augustine (Chair of Chemistry), or Aaron Titus (Chair of Physics).
SuRPS Final Abstract Archives (2015 – 2018):
|SuRPS 2015 Final Program||SuRPS 2016 Final Program|
|SuRPS 2017 Final Program||SuRPS 2018 Final Program|