NOTE: SuRPS will return in Summer 2020. The application for students will open in January 2020.
The Wanek School of Natural Sciences in collaboration with the Undergraduate Research and Creative Works office at High Point University is excited to announce the Summer Research Program in the Sciences (SuRPS) for Summer 2020 for students and faculty in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The program will provide an opportunity for faculty mentors and students to work together on undergraduate research projects for eight weeks at High Point University. Housing and meals will be provided for students.
Student can apply through HPU’s Undergraduate and Creative Works which will be available in January 2020. The deadline for application submission is Friday, February 21 @ midnight.
Tentative Timeline for 2020 SuRPS Program
- Friday, December 27: Faculty research proposal deadline
- Dec – Jan: Selection committee reviews / ranks proposals for award
- Friday, January 17: Notification sent to faculty re: SuRPS awards
- Friday, Monday 27: Online application available
- Friday, February 21: Student application deadline
- Friday, March 6: Students notified about positions
- Friday, March 20: Students accept/reject SuRPS positions
SuRPS Program Dates: Monday, June 8 – Friday, July 31
- Thursday, July 29: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 1
- Friday, July 30: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 2, Lab clean-‐up, lunch and check out
Questions regarding the research proposal submission and review process can be directed to Brian Augustine (Chair of Chemistry)
SuRPS Final Abstract Archives (2015 – 2018):
|SuRPS 2015 Final Program||SuRPS 2016 Final Program|
|SuRPS 2017 Final Program||SuRPS 2018 Final Program|