The College of Arts and Sciences in collaboration with the Undergraduate Research and Creative Works office at High Point University is excited to announce the Summer Research Program in the Sciences (SuRPS) for Summer 2017 for students and faculty in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The program will provide an opportunity for faculty mentors and students to work together on undergraduate research projects for eight weeks at High Point University. Housing and meals will be provided for students.
Student can apply through HPU’s Undergraduate and Creative Works program available here. The deadline for application submission is Friday, February 24 @ midnight.
Descriptions of the faculty research proposals for the SuRPS projects are here.
Tentative Timeline for 2017 SuRPS Program
- Friday, December 30: Faculty research proposal deadline
- Dec – Jan: Selection committee reviews / ranks proposals for award
- Friday, January 13: Notification sent to faculty re: SuRPS awards
- Wednesday, February 1: Online application available
- Friday, February 24: Student application deadline
- Friday, March 16: Students notified about positions
SuRPS Program Dates: Monday, June 5 – Friday, July 28
- Thursday, July 27: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 1
- Friday, July 28: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 2, Lab clean-‐up, lunch and check out
Questions regarding the research proposal submission and review process can be directed to Angela Bauer (Chair of Biology), Brian Augustine (Chair of Chemistry), or Aaron Titus (Chair of Physics).