Campus Chronicle Advertising Manager for Spring 2013
- Generate new advertising sales through direct solicitation of area businesses and campus organizations.
- Collect, record and report payments made, and follow-up when payments are late.
- Provide timely follow up on all advertising inquiries, and maintain availability by telephone and email to clientele and staff members.
- Provide weekly updates of activity and projected ad space for each issue to the Design Editor.
- Work with businesses and campus organizations to design and publish ads.
- Coordinate ad placement for each issue with the section editors and work closely with the section editors to ensure ads appear in the paper properly.
- Maintain and post a list of all ads booked for the current and future issues, including client name, size and type of ad. Present a report of this activity to the Editor-in-Chief on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the Editor-in-Chief and the Chronicle’s Adviser to complete billings.
- Preferred high school yearbook or newspaper ad experience, but not required. Preferred candidates will have taken sales and marketing classes and be majoring in business, advertising or marketing.
- Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred.
- Ad manager will be paid $7.25/hour with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Current regulations only allow students to have two jobs on campus, with the exclusion of resident assistant positions. You cannot currently have more than one job on campus to apply for this position.
Email Pam Haynes (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details!