On behalf of the High Point University faculty, staff and administration, we look forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with you and your family.
- All undergraduate students are required to file an application for graduation with The Office of the University Registrar by March 30, 2020. Submission of the application serves as the official notification to the University of a student’s intention to fulfill his/her degree requirements within a given term.
- Any student who intends to complete his or her degree requirements (or be within 8 credit hours of completion) by the end of the current Spring 2020 term, must complete the Declaration of Intent to Graduate form. This form is accessible via email request – email@example.com.
- Submission of the application for graduation provides the following to the University:
- Official notification regarding your intent to graduate during a given term
- Diploma Name
Degree candidates will neither earn degrees nor be graduated from the university until they have completed all degree requirements and have officially applied for graduation. Participation in a commencement ceremony does not presume graduation from the university.
- Graduate School candidates for spring completion should apply for graduation in the Graduate School by March 1, 2020.
- Application for Graduation- COM/EDU/MBA
- Application for Graduation – Health Sciences
Candidates for graduation must notify the University Registrar Office if they do not plan to attend the Graduation Ceremony. Any candidate for graduation who is unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony must provide the University Registrar a current address so that their diploma may be mailed.
Diplomas will reflect first name, middle name/initial, last name, and any applicable suffix as submitted by application to the University. Diploma pickup will be in the Slane Center following the Commencement Ceremony until 1:30pm.
Commencement caps, gowns, and hoods
Candidates for graduation may pick up their caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods at the High Point Campus bookstore during regular store hours. Academic regalia may be picked up any time starting March 25, 2020. No pre-order required. However, you can pick up early by joining this long time tradition “Legacy Lecture” event. Tuesday, March 24, 2020 from 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm. The HPU Bookstore will be Hosting a GRAD FAIR in the lobby. All your Graduation apparel can be picked up after the lecture, where we invite you to join us for refreshments.
The High Point Campus bookstore will be open Saturday, May 9, 2020, at 7:00 a.m. and remain open until 3:00 p.m. Questions about academic regalia can be directed to Andi Burck, (336) 841-9221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation Announcements and Rings
Balfour is High Point University’s official vendor for graduation announcements and rings. Orders can be placed online at www.balfour.com/highpoint/ or by calling 1-877-225-3687. Order announcements before March 6 in order to have them in time to send prior to Commencement.
Contact the Campus Bookstore at 336-841-9221 with questions.
Tickets: Tickets may be picked up on the Slane Student Center track on April 30 from 8:30am-7:00pm. From May 1 to May 7, tickets may be picked up during normal office hours (8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and 10:00am-2:00pm Saturday) at the Slane Student Center Concierge Desk.
August and December 2019 Candidates for Graduation who are not able to pickup tickets at the designated location, are asked to contact the Campus Concierge at 336-841-4636.
Baccalaureate: Graduates should arrive by 3:15pm, in cap and gown, to the Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church on May 8.
Commencement: Graduates should arrive by 8:15am, in cap and gown, to the Kester International Promenade on May 9.
Please contact OARS@highpoint.edu for special accessibility accommodations.