On behalf of the High Point University faculty, staff and administration, we look forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with you and your family.
- All undergraduate students are required to file an application for graduation with The Office of the University Registrar by March 30, 2019. Submission of the application serves as the official notification to the University of a student’s intention to fulfill his/her degree requirements within a given term.
- Any student who intends to complete his or her degree requirements (or within 8 credit hours of completion) by the end of the current Spring 2019 term, must complete the Declaration of Intent to Graduate form. This form is accessible via email request – email@example.com.
- Submission of the application for graduation provides the following to the University:
- Official notification regarding your intent to graduate during a given term
- Diploma Name
- Diploma Mailing Address
Degree candidates will neither earn degrees nor be graduated from the university until they have completed all degree requirements and have officially applied for graduation. Participation in a commencement ceremony does not presume graduation from the university.
- Graduate School candidates for spring completion should apply for graduation in the Graduate School by March 1, 2019. The application for graduation can be found online.
Candidates for graduation must notify the University Registrar Office if they do not plan to attend the Graduation Ceremony. Any candidate for graduation who is unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony must provide the University Registrar a current address so that their diploma may be mailed.
Diplomas will reflect first name, middle name/initial, last name, and any applicable suffix as submitted by application to the University. Diploma pickup will be in the Slane Center following the Commencement Ceremony until 1:30pm.
Commencement caps, gowns, and hoods
Candidates for graduation may pick up their caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods at the High Point Campus bookstore during regular store hours. Academic regalia may be picked up any time starting March 19, 2019. No pre-order required. The High Point Campus bookstore will be open Saturday, May 11, 2019, at 7:00 a.m. and remain open until 3:00 p.m. Questions about academic regalia can be directed to Bill Holston, (336) 841-9221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation Announcements and Rings
Balfour is High Point University’s official vendor for graduation announcements and rings. Orders can be placed online at www.balfour.com/highpoint/ or by calling 1-877-225-3687. Order announcements before March 9 in order to have them in time to send prior to Commencement.
Contact the Campus Bookstore at 336-841-9221 with questions.
Tickets: Tickets may be picked up on the Slane Student Center track on May 2 from 8:30am-7:00pm. From May 3 to May 9, tickets may be picked up during normal office hours (8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and 10:00am-2:00pm Saturday) at the Slane Student Center Concierge Desk.
August and December 2018 Candidates for Graduation who are not able to pickup tickets at the designated location, are asked to contact the Campus Concierge at 336-841-4636.
Baccalaureate: Graduates should arrive by 3:15pm, in cap and gown, to the Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church on May 10.
Commencement: Graduates should arrive by 8:15am, in cap and gown, to the Kester International Promenade on May 11.
Please contact OARS@highpoint.edu for special accessibility accommodations.