visit to HPU
Here are some links to state, national and international communication organizations concerned with communication:
- North Carolina Press Association
- North Carolina Association of Broadcasters
- National Association of Broadcasters
Professional Industry Web Sites Related to Media and Popular Culture Studies
- Popular Culture Association—This association is the resources for scholars and enthusiasts who study popular culture both nationally and internationally.
- National Women’s Studies Association—Established in 1977, NWSA promotes and supports the production and dissemination of knowledge about women and gender through teaching, learning, research and service in academic and other settings.
- National Communication Association—The NCA advances communication in all forms, modes, and media through cultural/critic and aesthetic inquiry.
- Women’s Media Center—WMC amplifies women’s voices in the media and works effectively to change conversations via blogs, social activism, and social networking
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting—FAIR, a national media watch group, has been challenging media bias and censorship since 1986.
Professional Industry Web Sites Related to Strategic Communication
- Public Relations Society of America — This is the largest professional organization for public relations practitioners in the United States.
- PRSA Tarheel Chapter — Here’s the Web site for the local PRSA Chapter in the Triad area.
- International Public Relations Association — IPRA is the primary professional society for public relations practitioners working in various countries.
- International Association of Business Communicators — IABC also serves international communication professionals. Historically it has focused its efforts on those practitioners who primarily work with employee publics.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies — Also known as the “Four As” this organization is the principal trade association for the advertising industry
Professional Industry Web Sites Related to Journalism
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Investigative Reporters & Editors
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Student Press Law Center
- College Media Association
- National Press Club
- Radio Television Digital News Association
- The Newspaper Guild
- J Lab
- News University
- American Journalism Review
- Columbia Journalism Review
- PEW Center for Civic Journalism
- The First Amendment Center
- Pulitzer Center
- Dow Jones News Fund Internships
- Fine Line Ethics
- American Copy Editors Society