visit to HPU
- Kelsey Quinn – Quinn will join Bloomberg as a market data analyst on the fixed income team following graduation. Using her computer science and economic background she will automate systems and more efficiently read data. She will also be analyzing data using Python and SQL.
- Amy Greaves – Amy remotely pilots for the U.S. Air Force. Following graduation, Greaves will be joining the United States Air Force as a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) pilot. Air Force missions call for remotely piloted aircrafts such as the MQ-9 Reaper and the RQ-4 Global Hawk.
- Sydney Boratto – Sydney represents the IRS. Boratto joins the IRS as an internal revenue officer in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She works with taxpayers and their representatives to develop a plan of action to resolve and tax discrepancies.
- Michael Dreher- Michael accepts position with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. Dreher will be taking on the role of associate business intelligence and data analyst with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals following his graduation in the spring. The role was created as a continuation of Dreher’s internship, and he will be responsible for the new manufacturing and business intelligence program for the manufacturing department.
- Marco Sebastian – Marco begins his career at Bloomberg. As a Global Data Analyst, Sebastian will use his data analysis and technology skills to add efficiency to workflows and processes at Bloomberg L.P. in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Michaela Mucha – Michaela sets her sights on a Walt Disney career. As a graphic design professional intern at The Walt Disney World Company in Orlando, Florida, Mucha designs materials for food and beverage locations within Walt Disney World Resort’s multiple dining locations in Orlando.
- Ben May – Ben secures a research career with Bellomy Research. May accepted a position as a research associate for Bellomy Research, Inc. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. In his position, May checks data for quality assurance, creates/edits presentations and proposals, and more.
Internships & Experiential Learning:
- High Point University computer science students who competed in the 2019 Governor’s Cybersecurity Talent Competition over the summer gained perfect scores, cybersecurity skills and scholarship money.
- Ryan Diaz– Ryan does Data Management for Liberty Mutual. He spent the summer working with Liberty Mutual as a global risk solutions data management intern in Dover, New Hampshire. As part of the TechStart intern program, Diaz worked in data management to modernize legacy systems and manage large amounts of internal data. He assisted with cutting edge cloud and software technologies on a dynamic software development team.
- Nolan Roth– Nolan landed a stellar internship with NASA. Roth is interning with NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center as a planetary environments laboratory intern in Greenbelt, Maryland. He is researching at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center and working with a team of scientists and engineers to manufacture and test a new space probe instrument to analyze the elemental composition of mineral grains on extra-terrestrial bodies.
- Tara Jue– From Intern to Full Time Employment with Morgan Stanley. Tara spent time working as a business analyst in wealth management technology, but focused in global banking technology. In her role, she improved the functionality of a pre-existing program that allowed users to view the calculated risk of a particular loan based on personal and market data.
- Spencer Day– Cybersecurity Internship at La-Z-Boy. Spencer monitored & investigated cyber incidents and developed new policy for usage.
- Jackson Inchalik– Jackson joins Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an IT analytics intern this summer in Albany, New York. He is developing mobile applications to enhance business functions and efficiency and working with Cloud Computing with Amazon Web Services products to integrate them with Microsoft products and automate business tasks and distribute data.
- HPU Students, Faculty Participate in Cybersecurity Training. Roger Shore, associate professor of computer science, and HPU students Sydney Boratto, Kyle Hoffpauir, Nathan Markle and Cam Corso attended TracerFire, a cybersecurity training hosted by Sandia National Laboratories.
- Christian Weigandt—Research Experience for undergraduates at the University of Central Florida. This work is funded by NSF. The focus is on Computer Vision. Past projects have focused on lipreading, gesture recognition, human detection using neural networks, analyzing crowd motion as fluid dynamics, etc.
- Samantha Allen — Awarded first place in a presentation at the ACM Mid-Southeast Fall 2011 Conference for her work completed in a research experience for undergraduates. The title of her presentation: “Improving the Ranking System for the U.S. Census Bureau.”
- Thomas Langford — Internship at Gilbarco Veeder-Root. This company is the global leader of integrated technology solutions in the retail petroleum industry. He will be working on several in-house projects focused on embeded systems and virtualization of features not found in all systems.
- Kevin Sanders — Research Experience for undergraduates at the University of Michigan REU at CERN. He will be a participant in the Official CERN Summer Student Program. This program is run by CERN for CERN member states and usually recruits about 150 European physics majors. He will be one of 10 US participants in this program.