Evening Degree Program Education Courses
Evening Degree Program
The Teacher Education Programs at High Point University have been approved by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the North Carolina State Board of Education. A major in elementary education will qualify a candidate for licensure in elementary education (K – 6).
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
- Special Education Minor (must apply for this minor)
- Lateral Entry
Requirements are in three categories:
- General Education or University Requirements
- Professional Education Requirements
- Supporting Disciplines
Teachers Education Program Checklist (after being accepted into the Evening Degree Program):
- Complete all 2000 level Education courses
- Take and pass the Praxis I with a combined score of 522 or higher
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 or higher
For more information on the Elementary Education program, please check out the Education webpage or contact an academic advisor.
2010-2011 Teacher Education Handbook here.