The Education Studies Minor might be a good fit for you if . ..
- Your chosen profession or career includes instructing others in some capacity (e.g. employee/consumer education or training)
- You want to teach (e.g. in private schools or internationally) , but do not wish to pursue teacher licensure
- You plan on teaching at the college level
- Your career plans include working with children or young adults
- You have an interest in education policies or practices
Requirements for the Minor in Educational Studies (20 credits):
Required Courses (16 credits)
- EDU 1201: Seminar in Teaching (2)*
- EDU 2100: Nature of the Learner (or EDU 2100 H if in the Honors Program**) (4)
- EDU 3260: Education in the Age of Globalization (4)*
- EDU 4200: Multicultural Education in Diverse Society (or EDU 4540 if in the Honors Program**) (4)*
- EDU 4275: Internship in Education (2)+
Choose two courses (totaling 4 hours) from list below:
- EDU 2110: Introduction to Educational Technology (2)
- EDU 3110: Technology for Teachers (2)
- EDU 4111: Independent Study (2 )
*These courses may also count toward the student’s General Education requirement (Global Studies and Social Studies respectively.)
**This course is available only to students who are in the Honors Program.
+Students will complete a 30-hour, unpaid internship in education. Whenever possible, the student’s internship placement/responsibilities will complement the student’s major or career plans.