The Educational Studies Minor is designed for students who are majoring in an academic discipline or major in which the need to deliver information to others through employee/consumer education and/or training would be beneficial. The 30-hour internship will take place in a setting that is appropriate to the student’s major or interest.
Requirements for the Minor in Educational Studies (20 credits):
Required Courses (14 credits)
- EDU 2100. Nature of the Learner or EDU 2100 Honors** (4)
- EDU 2110. Introduction to Educational Technology (2)
- EDU 4200. Multicultural Education in Diverse Society or EDU 4540. Diversity in Education: Societal and Organizational Perspectives** (4)
- EDU 1201. Seminar in Teaching (2)*
- EDU 4275. Internship in Education (2)*
Choose an additional 6-8 hours from list below:
- EDU 3280. Literacy in the Content Areas (4)
- EDU 3110. Technology for Teachers (2)
- EDU 4111. Independent Study (2 – 4)
*These courses should be taken at the end of the course sequence.
**This course is available only to students who are in the Honors Program.