The Education Studies Minor might be a good fit for you if . ..
- Your chosen profession or career includes instructing others in some capacity (e.g. employee/consumer education or training)
- You want to teach (e.g. in private schools or internationally) , but do not wish to pursue teacher licensure
- You plan on teaching at the college level
- Your career plans include working with children or young adults
- You have an interest in education policies or practices
Requirements for the Minor in Education Studies (20 credits):
Required Courses (14 credits)
- EDU 1201. Seminar in Teaching (2)*
- EDU 2100. Nature of the Learner (4)**
- EDU 2100. Nature of the Learner—Honors (4)**
- EDU/GBS 3260. Education in the Age of Globalization (4)
- EDU 4200. Multicultural Education in Diverse Society
- EDU 4540. Diversity in Education: Societal and Organizational
- EDU 4275. Internship in Education (2)*
Choose an additional 6-8 hours from list below:
- EDU 2110. Introduction to Educational Technology (2)
- EDU 3110. Technology for Teachers (2)
- EDU 4111. Independent Study (2)
*These courses should be taken at the end of the course sequence.
**This course is available only to students who are in the Honors Program.