Chair and Associate Professor
Norcross Graduate School 250-B
Ed.D. – Kinesiology, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
M.S. – Health, Kinesiology, and Leisure Studies, Purdue University
B.S. – Athletic Training, Springfield College
News & Media Links
- BURN THE SYLLABUS
- THE JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION FOR HPU STUDENTS
- UPRIGHT IS ALL RIGHT, The Costco Connection, JUNE 2017
- 2016 MEREDITH CLARK SLANE DISTINGUISHED TEACHING-SERVICE AWARD
- THE SPIRITED MENTOR BEHIND EXERCISE SCIENCE
- FACULTY AND STUDENT’S RESEARCH PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL
- WALKING THE WALK: ONE PROFESSOR’S APPROACH TO MODELING WELLNESS
- EXS 2100 Analysis & Critique
- EXS 3200 Exercise Testing & Prescription
- WEL 4200 Exercise & Aging
- Exercise Science – Traditional and Pre-Professional
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Athletic Training
- Wright, AA, EJ Hegedus, DT Tarara, SC Ray, & SL Dischiavi (2017). Exercise prescription for overhead athletes with shoulder pathology: a systematic review with best evidence synthesis. Br J Sports Med. (http:// dx. doi. org/ 10. 1136/
bjsports- 2016- 096915).
- Tarara, DT, LK Fogaca, JB Taylor, & EJ Hegedus (2015). Clinician-friendly physical performance tests in athletes Part 3: a systematic review of measurement properties and correlations to injury for tests in the upper extremity. Br J Sports Med. 50,
- Tarara, DT, EJ Hegedus, & JB Taylor (2014). Real-time test-retest and interrater reliability of select physical performance measures in physically active college-aged students. Int J Sports Phys Ther, 9(7), 874-887.
- Hegedus, EJ, ME Vidt & DT Tarara (2014). “The Best Combination of Physical Performance and Self-report Measures to Capture Function in Three Patient Groups.” Physical Therapy Reviews 19(3): 196-203.
- Hegedus, EJ, B. Stern, MP Reiman, D. Tarara & AA Wright (2013). “A suggested model for physical examination and conservative treatment of athletic pubalgia.” Phys Ther Sport 14(1): 3-16.
- Myer, C. A., EJ Hegedus, DT Tarara & DM Myer (2013). “A user’s guide to performance of the best shoulder physical examination tests.” Br J Sports Med. 47(14):903-907.