Professor of Exercise Science
Norcross Graduate School 250-C
Ph.D. – Exercise Science, The University of Mississippi
M.A. – Communication Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro (in progress)
M.S. – Exercise Science, Louisiana Tech University
B.S. – Health Promotion, McNeese State University
- FYS 1000 – Do You See What I See?: Semiotics in Society
- HNR 3600 – Who Am I? Locating the Self Through the Whedonverse
- WEL/WGS 4475 – Culture of Fitness
- WEL 4600 – Culture of Obesity
- WEL/WGS 4675 – Body and Identity
- Exercise Science – Traditional
- Health and Wellness
- MA, MS, MPH Graduate Programs
- Kemerly, Tony. Engorgio: The Man. The Myth. The Oppression. Fat Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Body Weight and Society: Special Edition on Fat Oppression. (accepted April 2018).
- Kemerly, Tony. Bleat at Me No Longer: Illyria as the Worked Female Body. Slayage Special Issue: “Let’s Go to Work: The Legacy of Angel.” (accepted February 2018).
- Kemerly, Tony. Man, Interrupted: Yoga and Masculinity. In Yoga and Culture. McFarland. (accepted October 2017).
- Kemerly, Tony & Kemerly, Trisha. A Supernatural Tale of Agency, Othering, and Oppression. Popular Culture Review (accepted October 2017).
- Kemerly, Tony and Watkins, Elyse. Parallel Worlds: The Fat Body as Zombie. The Popular Culture Studies Journal (submitted April 2017).
- Kemerly, Tony. (2017). Shuffling Toward Oblivion: The Long Walk of the Fat Body. Fat Studies Journal 6(3). DOI: 10.1080/21604851.2017.1298947
Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Kemerly, Tony. (2018). Bleat at Me No Longer. Illyria as Worked Body. PCA/ACA 2018 National Conference – Indianapolis, IN.
- Kemerly, Tony and Kemerly, Trisha. (2017). A Supernatural Tale of Agency, Othering and Oppression. MAPACA Conference – Philadelphia, PA.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2017). Parallel Worlds: The Fat Body as Zombie. PCA/ACA 2017 National Conference – San Diego, CA.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2016). You Are What You Eat. NEPCA 2016 Regional Conference – Keene, NH.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2016). Shuffling Toward Oblivion. PCA/ACA 2016 National Conference – Seattle, WA.
- Kemerly, Trisha and Kemerly, Tony. (2015). Caught in the Panopticon: Gender Performativity in Women’s Mixed Martial Arts. PCA/ACA 2015 National Conference – New Orleans, LA.