Professor of Exercise Science
Norcross Graduate School 250-C
Ph.D. – Exercise Science, The University of Mississippi
M.A. – Communication Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
M.S. – Exercise Science, Louisiana Tech University
B.S. – Health Promotion, McNeese State University
- FYS 1000 – Do You See What I See?: Semiotics in Society
- HNR 3600 – Who Am I? Locating the Self Through the Whedonverse
- WEL/WGS 4475 – Culture of Fitness
- WEL 4600 – Culture of Obesity
- WEL/WGS 4675 – Body and Identity
- Exercise Science – Traditional
- Health and Wellness
- MA, MS, MPH Graduate Programs
- Kemerly, Tony with Victoria Morgan. Bleat at Me No Longer, We’re Done: Illyria as Body-Subject. Slayage Special Issue: “Let’s Go to Work: The Legacy of Angel.” (in press August 2019).
- Kemerly, Tony & Kemerly, Trisha. A Supernatural Tale of Agency, Othering, and Oppression. Popular Culture Review (accepted October 2017).
- Kemerly, Tony. (2017). Shuffling Toward Oblivion: The Long Walk of the Fat Body. Fat Studies Journal 6(3). DOI: 10.1080/21604851.2017.1298947
Manuscripts in Progress
- Kemerly, Tony. The Odds Were Never in Their Favor: Katniss Everdeen and the Woman in Sport.
- Kemerly, Tony. Man, Interrupted. Reshaping the Asana of Masculinity.
- Kemerly, Tony. Parallel Worlds: The Shuffling Horde of Masculinity.
- Kemerly, Tony. The Celluloid Man.
- Kemerly, Tony. Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge: The Game of Masculinity.
Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Kemerly, Tony, Brandt, Jenn, Clare, Callie, Bernard, Mark (2019). Wait, You’re Teaching What?!: Unconventional Texts and Popular Culture in the “Traditional” Classroom. PCA/ACA 2019 Conference – Washington, D.C.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2018). Bleat at Me No Longer. Illyria as Worked Body. PCA/ACA 2018 National Conference – Indianapolis, IN.
- Kemerly, Tony and Kemerly, Trisha. (2017). A Supernatural Tale of Agency, Othering and Oppression. MAPACA Conference – Philadelphia, PA.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2017). Parallel Worlds: The Fat Body as Zombie. PCA/ACA 2017 National Conference – San Diego, CA.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2016). You Are What You Eat. NEPCA 2016 Regional Conference – Keene, NH.
- Kemerly, Tony. (2016). Shuffling Toward Oblivion. PCA/ACA 2016 National Conference – Seattle, WA.
- Kemerly, Trisha and Kemerly, Tony. (2015). Caught in the Panopticon: Gender Performativity in Women’s Mixed Martial Arts. PCA/ACA 2015 National Conference – New Orleans, LA.