Office of Student Financial Planning
Student Financial Planning

Federal Work-Study Information

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study awards are need-based and subject to availability because funding is extremely limited.  An offer of a Federal Work-Study award is simply an opportunity to work and is not a guarantee of a job.

PLEASE NOTE:   Because of Federal wage and hour laws, Federal Work-Study awards are paid directly to the student in the form of a paycheck and CANNOT be applied directly to the student’s bill.  Wages are paid monthly for the hours worked the previous month.  If a student reaches the maximum award before the end of the academic year, he or she must stop working to avoid an overaward.  Unearned wages are forfeited and cannot be carried over to the next academic year or otherwise paid to the student.

Paychecks are issued by direct deposit (electronic funds transfer/EFT) to a student’s bank account.  All High Point University employees, including student workers, are required to be paid by direct deposit.  Students must have an active checking account for this direct deposit.  (Checking accounts can be through any US bank and do not have to be local to the University.)

Information is emailed directly to all eligible students in the early part of the summer.  Eligible students have access to the Student Employment Blackboard Community, which contains job listings and required documents and orientation materials.  Students are responsible for securing a job.


Our main office is located in Suite 100 of Roberts Hall.

Phone: (336) 841-9124
Fax: (336) 841-4649
Title IV School code: 002933
Connect with us
On the Social page, you can view all of High Point University’s social media feeds, connect to specific majors and schools on Facebook, and get the latest updates about what’s happening on campus.