The Student Financial Planning Office handles federal and state funds – our office does not administer institutional scholarships.
The Presidential Scholarship Program
- The Presidential Scholarship Program at High Point University was inaugurated in 1976 in order to recognize and encourage entering freshmen who, during their high school careers, demonstrated outstanding achievement, good citizenship, strong leadership and exceptional scholarship.
- For information regarding scholarship requirements and availability please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-345-6993 or click here.
- Scholarships for male athletes are awarded on a competitive basis in baseball, basketball, track, cross country, and soccer.
- Scholarships for female athletes are awarded on a competitive basis in basketball, cross country, soccer, track, and volleyball.
- All athletic awards are made in compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Scholarships are available for students who wish to pursue Army ROTC or Air Force ROTC though a cooperative agreement with North Carolina A&T University.
United Methodist Scholarships
High Point University is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. A number of scholarship and loan programs are available to students who are members of a United Methodist Church. Funding is not guaranteed, so early applications are strongly encouraged. For more information, applications, and deadlines, please click on the appropriate link below:
- General Board of Higher Education Ministries Scholarships
- United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Scholarships
- Western NC United Methodist Conference Scholarships
North Carolina State Contractual Scholarship
- High Point University awards this scholarship to needy North Carolinians. Funds come from the state of NC and are awarded to eligible students automatically.
- There is no additional application besides the FAFSA. Funding is limited and subject to state regulations and budget cuts.
North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship
- Established by the state legislature for students with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) range of 2001 to 5000. Annual awards range from $100 to $2800.
North Carolina State Student Incentive Grant
- Awarded to students with exceptional need.
- Students wising to be considered should complete the FAFSA by March 1st or each year.
High Point University Alumni Association Merit Scholarships
- A limited number of Alumni Scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at High Point University.
- Not available to graduate or evening degree students
- Interested applicants must return the application along with a copy of their unofficial transcript to the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Incoming freshman and transfer students should return the application and a copy of their most recent academic transcript to the Office of Alumni Relations
- Application deadline for all Alumni Scholarships for the 2011-2012 academic year is 5:00pm on Tuesday March 15th, 2011.
For a list of scholarships previously utilized by High Point University students click here.
For outside scholarship searches searches, students may want to review the following websites.
Local clubs, foundations, and religious institutions (i.e. churches, synagogues, etc.) are excellent sources of scholarships. Most of these organizations require either the student or parent to be a member of the organization before scholarships can be awarded, but not all of them have this requirement. Please be sure these organizations do not charge you a fee for applying. This is the hallmark of a scholarship scam! You must build a profile to search for scholarships on most scholarship search websites.
If you receive a scholarship from any source outside the University, you are required to notify the Office of Student Financial Aid so that these funds can be incorporated into your financial aid package
The scholarship check should be made payable to High Point University and should have the recipient’s name and Student ID in the “For” column of the check. Outside donors should mail scholarship checks to this address:
Office of Student Financial Planning
High Point University
833 Montlieu Ave.
High Point, NC 27262