Gavin DeGraw at High Point University

05.18.2009

Wow! What an exciting time! My friends, summer is upon us, stretching its beautiful rays of sun and inviting us to lay by the pool, get a tan, and….(aaahhh) relax! Some of you may have a year or so until you graduate, which most likely means you will be spending your summer traveling the country on The Great College Search.

Oh, I remember those days: crammed in the family mini-van, iPod dead, forced to listen to the oldies station with your parents (or worse…talk radio). It doesn’t seem like a whole year has passed, but now, I am actually getting ready for my first semester at High Point University. So crazy!

dsc08010

Not only do they provide for their potential students…they also make sure that their current students are cared for well. For example, every year on the last day of classes, HPU hosts Pantherpalooza for their students. I was very privileged to be able to attend the end-of-the-school-year event in April. I was very impressed. They had carnival games, obstacle courses, free Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, and even a hot air balloon ride.

But, by far, the best reason to be there was the GAVIN DeGRAW concert! I even got to meet the man himself (check out my pictures—ohhhhh yeah!). It just made a great night even better. The concert was a blast, the music amazing, and the whole atmosphere warm and inviting.

Me and my friend Kelly posing with Gavin

So, while you are planning out your college road trip, please don’t forget to include High Point University on your list. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. The minute I stepped on campus, I fell in love. And it’s not just the campus that makes HPU so amazing. The staff and the students are so accommodating and friendly that they make you feel right at home.

The campus was as beautiful as ever! I got to take a friend of mine from home to the concert with me. She is also going to be graduating soon and has decided to attend Auburn University. By the end of our visit, she was very impressed with High Point and a little upset about her college decision. I’m pretty sure it won’t take much to talk her into transferring.

So I beg you, don’t make the same mistake she did by not checking out High Point University. Plan a visit, and I promise that you won’t be disappointed.

From my dorm room to yours,

Dulce Winders