Extraordinary Events

Posted on October 4, 2010.

Hi everyone sorry it has been so long since I’ve posted but it has been a crazy couple of weeks here at HPU. I’ll be happy to explain whats been happening here on campus. Don’t forget to check the bottom of the page for videos including the events I attended :)

Backstage VIF.

First of all I want to give a huge thanks to the staff at HPU for providing me with two backstage passes to the concert to meet the band and receive autographs from Cobra Starship! It was so much fun and I’m happy to tell you guys all about it!

The concert didn’t start until 8 but all of those who received backstage passes from winning different events on campus were invited to attend a special event a few hours before the show inside the Hayworth Fine Arts Center for a VIP meet & greet with the band!

My friends Jenna, Kelsey, Cara, and I were all ecstatic waiting for our chance to meet the band!

Convocation by Day… Concert Stage by night

The High Point University fall concert was held this September on campus in front of Roberts Hall and this year featured the Chris Lane Band and Cobra Starship.

The Main Event

The concert was such a fun time and Chris Lane and his band did an amazing job opening with their “unique” style of country music and, even as someone who is not a fan of country music, I loved this performance! I have plenty of photos and videos to share from the concert and had the amazing chance to be up close to the stage. Cobra Starship really knows how to put on a show!

YouTube Concert Videos

Check back in a couple days for another entry about Family weekend and a new unofficial Mascot thats been seen at HPU sporting events…

Until next time!
Ryan