Magic at Midnight, Decking the HPU Halls

11.22.2010

Hey everyone! So it hasen’t been long since my last post, but it has been busy as always here on campus with Thanksgiving break just around the corner! I just registered for my spring classes and can already search for the class materials through the school’s helpful website and bookstore. But between all of the school work I’ve also had my fair share of fun times at High Point.

Harry Potter Premiere!

“Yes excuse me could you direct us to which theatre we’re in?”

“Oh High Point University has the entire 14th theatre.”

On November 9th, 279 tickets were given away early in the morning at the campus concierge for  the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1. My friend Christina and I got there an hour early and the line had already started forming. HPU provided free transportation and admission to the movie on the night of ts premiere and the movie theatre was sold out! There were seven different theatres showcasing the newest addition to the international hit and HPU had an entire theatre reserved for their students. Instead of paying the overpriced box office tickets and fighting the crowds and driving in to see the movie, my University instead provided transportation and complimentary tickets to see the show. The HPU Campus Activities Team (CAT) is extraordinary!

An HPU Holiday!

It may be a bit early for the Holiday season but HPU is already gearing up with decorations all around campus – along with a full 12 Days of HPU Christmas events before our final exams! The HPU campus looks beautiful with all of the many decorations and I enjoyed taking pictures of it all in the warm weather today! Being from Boston it’s nice to go this long without snow or bitter cold. I love HPU!

HPU Weather!
Toy Solider

Toy Solider

Every Building is adorned with Holiday Wreaths!

Christmas Tree in Front of the Univeristy Center

Nutcrackers Along the Promenade

Nutcrackers & Toy Soldiers along the Promenade

Nutcrackers Along the Promenade

My friends Sarah, Ariel, and Katie

Holiday Fountain

Holiday Fountain

Slane Center Decorations

Slane Center Decorations