Top of the Mornin’!

Posted on March 17, 2011.

Hi everyone and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Let me get you caught up on what has been happening on the most extraordinary campus!

Happy Birthday!

February 26th marked my birthday and just like everything else here at HPU it was nothing less than outstanding! I came back from class at 10am and was surprised to find balloons wrapped around my door handle and envelope with my name on it. Inside I found a birthday card signed by Dr. Qubein and a card redeemable for a free drink at the Starbucks on campus!

Also at HPU there are computer kiosks around campus that have screens that display upcoming events and also the birthdays of the day.

Class in Session

Over the past few months I’ve gotten used to my new classes for my spring semester and I’m learning quite a bit of technology in the process, thanks to HPU’s brand new Qubein School of Communication. The facilities in this building are amazing! Between a game studio, news room, and recording studios, it’s hard to find something a communication major isn’t interested in. One of my classes is Mediated Communication which basically means any form of communication that isn’t verbal. For example: anything found on the internet, video, audio, and pictures. The classroom itself is filled with state-of-the-art computers and sound friendly acoustic barriers. The best part of learning in this class is that the communication building also offers free rentals of audio and video recording devices.

Between classes and birthdays I’ve been pretty busy so I’ve missed quite a few of the school activity events but I hope to attend more in the upcoming few weeks!

See you later!

Ryan