Extraordinary Future

Posted on May 17, 2011.

Wow everyone, the year has flown by and I can’t believe everything that has happened here at High Point. It’s  easy to look forward to a bright future thanks to everyone at HPU. I am now home after studying day and night for my finals and have a few weeks before I begin taking some of High Point’s online summer courses. Luckily finals weren’t a stress –  thanks to the exam breaks HPU offered, similar to those at the time of my last finals. I found myself studying in the library (UC Learning Commons of course) a few hours and then heading to the Cafe where HPU brought in food from Carolina Diner. Every student also had the opportunity to book a free massage but sadly I was busy doing something quite fun instead which I will get to in a little bit. As for my future I will be continuing my work at New England Biolabs this summer and instead of returning to HPU in the fall, I will be traveling to the Walt Disney World Resort to begin my internship as a Merchandise cast member. I look forward to jump starting my career and returning to HPU in the spring with a clear view on my career.

Local Attractions

To conclude my coverage on local attractions I’d like to include a little information about a theme park attraction not far from HPU. This theme park is not only a great value but also a nice escape from exams when your mind is ready to explode with knowledge. Of course HPU does a great job of helping us loosen up but there is nothing like going with a group of friends to relax for the day at a theme park. The theme park Carowinds in South Carolina is only an hour drive from HPU’s prestine campus and houses thirteen rollercoasters. I definately recommend it for any students that are looking to relax for the day.

Extraordinary Portfolio

The work I did this year won’t be just going away into a folder in my closet. It will actually be carried throughout the years with me as I gain more knowledge and create more projects at HPU. My digital portfolio is a website I created as part of my Mediated Communication Systems class and will house all of the work I did as well as my resume, about me page, and my social media links. HPU has given me the knowledge and the tools to be successful and to gain a competitive edge in a world where your career and future depend on marketing you. HPU has helped market me and because of it I am already ready to begin my career.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

I just can’t believe its been over a year since I began writing for you guys about what is going on at HPU and I already miss it this summer. The sense of community at HPU is so prevelant when you attend the campus that it is unprecedented anywhere else. I’m excited to begin my future and continue my years at this extraordinary university. I hope to see all of you next year!

Ryan

P.S. If you’d like to check out the digital portfolio I created check out the link here :)