Introducing Caroline

06.20.2011

Hello, my name is CAROLINE.

Well I’m certainly not going to put my whole life story in here. So let’s pick out a couple of important facts:

1. My name is CaroLINE. Not Carolyn, Carolina, Portia… Ok, so I don’t get the last one a lot, but you have no idea how many times I’ve gotten the first two.

2. My version of fun is probably your worst nightmare: Crossword puzzles, cats, and quiet time. I mean, I like other stuff like movies, eating excessive amounts of unhealthy foods, cruising around on StumbleUpon for five minutes that turns into “Caroline-it’s-been-four-days-and-we’re-worried-that-you’re-going-to-be-permanently-fused-to-the-sofa-cusion.” But really, the USA Today crosswords have my heart.

3. I can really bond with anyone who likes my favorite TV shows, which include The Office, Arrested Development, and The Simpsons.

4. I’d say my brother (he’s 20) has the biggest influence on my life. Or else the aforementioned television shows might have turned out to be Jersey Shore and John & Kate Plus Eight. Thanks for commandeering the remote all those years, Michael. My brother is my only sibling and we’re both close with our parents. We live in a small(ish) town in North Carolina – Harrisburg (right next to Charlotte) – and I’ve basically lived in the same house my entire life.

So let’s talk about what’s going to happen in approximately two months: I will be moving away from suburbia into a magical little place called High Point University where I’ll be a lowly freshman. Perhaps you’ve heard of it? That’s right. You totally have.

I’ve basically been prepared to go to college since I was in the third grade. That is literally when I printed out my first college application. I’m not even kidding you. It was to UNCC and I wrote it out by hand. I filled out three applications this past year: HPU, UNC Chapel Hill, and Wake Forest. I got in to all three, but it was no competition. High Point had my heart all along. AND I AM SO EXCITED TO SPEND THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE THERE. Seriously, my friends have learned not to bring up the HPU-word or else I’ll just blab on for hours.

I intend on majoring in a business field (currently the plan is a major in Entrepreneurship and a double minor in Communication and Marketing, but from what I’ve been told, I’ll change it approximately 1.532 million times). I don’t exactly know what kind of career I’ll have, but I’m pretty sure I want to be the boss of someone…

I’ll be living in McEwen with a fabulous girl named Mackenzie. We were matched up for compatibility after we took the housing surveys, so we don’t know each other all that well yet, but what I do know is that I sure do like her.

I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me. It will be kind of weird if we meet and you know all this stuff about me and I know nothing about you, so be prepared with three facts about yourself. It’s only fair. And with that, I must go. Farewell, dear readers. My crossword puzzle awaits me.