Smells like HPU spirit… or doughnuts

Posted on December 20, 2011.

Two peanuts were walking down the street. One was a salted…

Now that I’ve got your attention, HEY! I hope all you freshmen are having a good week since exams are over. Stop laughing, people that don’t go to HPU yet. You’ll have your turn next year.

I know going into exam week I had absolutely no idea what to expect, but it really was not as bad as I thought.

Here’s 5 of the most common myths of exam week:

1. I’m not going to have a life the week before my exam.
  2. I’m going to be too distracted to study.
  3. I don’t have time to study for all of my exams.
  4. No matter how hard I study, I’m never going to pass.
  5. I’m getting an A in the class, so I don’t really have to take it that seriously.

Let me be the first to tell you that unless as you’re trying to catch up on a semester’s

worth of work, exam week is not that stressful. HPU is classy, and they have places for students to buckle down and focus. I spent about 4 hours a day in the UC learning commons studying for my exams.

Even if I felt like I’d been studying too long for something, HPU came to the rescue and gave me doughnuts for free, to get my mind off of exams. By ‘me’ I mean the entire school.

NEW FRESHMEN CLASS OF 2016 (so far)

Congratulations! As I posted on the Facebook group earlier, this is both the best and the worst thing that could have ever happened to you. It’s the best obviously because you’re going to the best school in the entire world. It’s horrible that you got in now because you probably have senioritis at its worst. Oh, and it’s almost second semester… boy that’s hard.

Happy holidays everyone. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter- @HPUdormroom!!!!!