Introducing Jason…

08.6.2012

Hey everyone – I’m Jason! Born and raised in Long Island, NY, I found what I call the eighth wonder of the world, also known as High Point University, during my sophomore year of high school.

Having fallen in love with High Point University so early on in my high school career was bitter sweet in a sense, but the wait is finally over!!! (Just 12 more days, but who’s counting?)

When my parents and I initially visited High Point, it quickly became clear to us that I was not just a number or test score to the university, instead, I was someone who they cared about and believed in. Even as a sophomore, knowing full well I would not be able to absorb much from a college level class, professors allowed me into their classrooms with open arms, only to reiterate the fact that at High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people.

What I found most appealing (and comforting), during my first visit was how genuinely personable the HPU family is. Everyone that I encountered on campus, from HPU’s president Dr. Qubein, to the faculty, staff, and students, greeted me with southern hospitality and made me feel right at home.

It has been three years since I first visited High Point, and I can honestly say that each day I’m finding something new that I love about this place! And now, with less than two weeks until move-in day, I can’t wait until I myself can finally call High Point University home. Until then…