FALL IS HERE!

10.10.2012
In: Georgie

…and I kind of LOVE it!

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Chilly weather, changing leaves, hot chocolate, warm clothes, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and bonfires (just to name a few things) are definitely a nice break from the sweltering heat of summer. Also, with fall comes another one of my favorite things…FALL BREAK! I can’t believe it’s already here. These couple of weeks since move-in day have been exciting, nerve-wracking, stressful, sleep-deprived, and an all-around good time, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. As fall break approaches, I’ve reflected on where I was as an entering freshman and where I am now…still a freshman, but now I know what I’m doing. High Point University has been everything I thought it would be and more! I’ve met new people and made great friends, learned a lot, played a lot of beach volleyball…

In fact, here is a nice little list of a few of the things I’ve done so far:

• Set things on fire in the Chemistry lab
  • Cheered our sports teams on to victory
  • Learned from President Dr. Nido Qubein every week for the President’s Seminar (YES the President teaches our class!)
  • Joined a variety of clubs
  • Met the Gym Class Heroes
  • Danced…a lot
  • Visited the 1924 Prime Steakhouse
  • Had a blast at Derby Day
  • …just to name a few things. All while keeping up with my studies!

As you can see I’ve kept myself busy. That is one of the many things I love about HPU, there are countless opportunities inside and out of the classroom, and I have found a way to balance both so I won’t miss out on anything!

While I’m excited to go home, I love going home knowing I have a second home waiting for me here at High Point University. Talk to you guys after break! Stay warm!

-Georgie

Recent Posts