All the World’s a Stage

Posted on November 8, 2012.

It’s really starting to feel like winter’s coming in High Point! I’ve had to break out all my newly acquired warm clothing and face the fact that my days of lounging on the San Diego beaches in the middle of January are behind me. Braving the drop in temperature has been worth it though—the campus looks so lovely in the midst of the reds and golds of the fall foliage. I feel so lucky to be where I am. Along with the change in season comes a variety of new activities to participate in on campus. There is the Campus Activities Team’s trip to Spooky Woods for Halloween, the Holiday Choral Concert and the many Volleyball and Soccer games, just to name a few. I think the event I’m most excited about, however, is the opening of the Theatre Department’s musical Kiss Me Kate.

Being a Theatre major on campus has been one the most defining experiences of my college career thus far. As majors, we’re all required to work different crews for the shows, and it’s such a rewarding experience to see all the hard work we put in come to life on stage in such a moving way. I’ve been able to get to know so many people in my department, freshmen and upper-classmen alike, and no matter who is cast in the show and who is working on a crew, we are all one big family.

As much as I love my department, I know this must be true for many others. High Point University gives us so many opportunities to meet new, caring people, and what better way than to meet them in a group that shares the same career interests as you! No matter what you want to do or who you want to be, High Point will find a way to support you and help you pursue your dreams, with caring people to experience the journey with you.

Until next time,

Summer Kiesel

P.S. If you happen to be in the area, Kiss Me Kate opens on the 16th and runs until the 18th! You can buy tickets at the Box Office in the Hayworth Fine Arts Center, and if you go, be sure to be on the lookout for some lovely sausage links being used on stage. I painted those! :)