Service on Spring Break

03.6.2013
In: Jason

I cannot believe my freshman year of college is coming to an end, already. It’s just about time for Spring Break here at High Point University, which means midterms are coming to a close. Are you nervous about exams in college? Don’t be, because at High Point University, the professors genuinely care about their students, and all of my professors have gone above and beyond to ensure I feel comfortable and confident enough to do well on all of my exams.

Let’s talk about Spring Break, though. Sure, some people go home, and others decide to head towards the beach, but some students at High Point University have decided to spend their spring break helping others, lending a helping hand.

One group of HPU students will be spending their break in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where they will perform hurricane relief work for the duration of their break. These students will help rebuild, clean up debris, and essentially lend a helping hand in any and every way possible.

Students heading to Alabama for Spring Break

A second group of HPU students, representing Alpha Phi Omega, HPU’s co-ed service fraternity, will perform service work in California, at Joshua Tree National Park, as well.

It’s truly remarkable how genuinely compassionate our students are about service work. I am humbled by the overwhelming sense of pride I feel when I walk around campus, knowing our students are doing so much good for the world. Service is something we take very seriously at High Point University, and I hope these Spring Break plans give you all a feel for how remarkable our student body actually is, and we cannot wait to have you all assimilate yourselves, and lend a helping hand, as well!

Have a great week,

To find out more about the amazing things our students are doing, visit our website and visit our campus for yourself! Connect with other students through the admitted student Class of 2017 Facebook Page and follow us on twitter!

Recent Posts