A Beautiful Day To Get Involved

03.14.2013

The weather is beginning to change and it’s a beautiful day here at HPU! Something that isn’t changing on campus is the involvement and leadership opportunities available to students.

One of the first things that attracted me to High Point University was the fact that it was an active university, on campus and in the community. I saw that I would be afforded many opportunities here that I wouldn’t be available to me as an underclassman at other universities. Once I got on campus, I saw that my predictions were correct. With over 100 clubs and organizations on campus I had endless opportunities of how to get involved. I even hold three leadership positions this semester. I’m super busy as the Treasurer for Black Cultural Awareness, the SGA Representative for the Society of Professional Journalists and Recruitment and Feedback Chair for Campus Activities Team. Despite how busy all of this has made me, I really enjoy being so evolved and am glad that I chose a school that allowed me to do that.

Clubs aren’t the only way to get involved on campus. This semester, I went through the process of applying and interviewing for a position in the University Ambassador Program. I have been accepted and on Tuesday Morning, I had my first training as a member of the University Ambassador Program. As many of you know, University Ambassadors are the students who give tours and represent the school at events such as Early Registration and Open Houses etc. At this meeting I learned more about what it means to be a University Ambassador and all the opportunities I’ll have to share HPU with others. I’m excited to be a part of this program and to share my stories, experiences, and all the things this university has to offer potential students.

I’m thankful for all the opportunities that High Point University’s extraordinary education, inspiring environment and caring people has offered me thus far. The opportunities are endless for you as well and each student has the ability to customize their involvement to what they enjoy. Come see what HPU can offer you! (And maybe I’ll be giving you your tour!)

Until next time,

To find out more about involvement opportunities, visit our campus for yourself! Connect with other students through the admitted student Class of 2017 Facebook Page and follow us on twitter!