Just Around the Corner

Posted on April 3, 2013.

This time last year I was in your shoes. I had paid my deposit, picked my classes at Early Registration in March, and interacted with many of my soon to be future classmates and friends. I couldn’t wait to be at HPU, which was clear to my family and friends because it was all I could talk about. Now, as I sit here next to Gandhi on the Promenade with only 3 weeks of my first year of college left, I think to myself…HOW IN THE WORLD DID I DO IT? With so much to look forward to at High Point, what else did I even think about during my senior year?

Looking back, I realize that the new relationships and bonds I was forming with my High Point family not only excited me, but also helped me take a step back, slow down, and not rush things. I was excited to be with new people, but I was going to miss my friends and family. I found myself a nice balance of looking at pictures and watching videos of HPU, to taking a break from that and having some crazy yet memorable times with my friends.

Enjoy time with your friends right now. Enjoy the final moments and memories of high school. Read over your class schedule over and over. Show it to your friends. Get to know more of your peers. Don’t sweat the roommate situation – trust me! Look at pictures of HPU, and stop by and take some of your own if you can. Ask questions. Ask more questions. But most importantly, don’t rush it; it’ll be here faster than you think!

Can’t wait to see you on campus,

To learn more about what HPU has to offer you, come see it for yourself! Schedule a campus visit! Connect with other students through the admitted student Class of 2017 Facebook Page and follow us on Twitter!