Alumni Success Series – Alicia Berry

02.12.2014

Hi everyone! One of the best parts about being a High Point University student is getting to meet amazing people who graduate and do extraordinary things. I am in such awe of some of the accomplishments that my friends have had with their careers, internships and graduate school acceptances.

I’d like to introduce you to one of my friends, Alicia Berry. Alicia graduated from High Point in 2013 and was so loved around campus. Here’s what she’s up to today!

“While attending High Point University I was a psychology major with a minor in special education. I am currently a first grade teacher at KIPP Harmony Academy in Baltimore, Maryland as well as a graduate student at Johns Hopkins University pursuing a masters degree in education. High Point University definitely prepared me for my new role in the classroom because I have the strong relationships my professors cultivated with me as a reference for how I should relate to my little six and seven year old minions. Plus, every day I get to show my Panther pride in my classroom because my KIPPsters are HPU students themselves. KIPP Baltimore focuses on leading students from low socioeconomic backgrounds and a diversity of skill levels to attend and succeed in four-year colleges. I can’t wait for my pride of 2025 to be future HPU Alumni just like me!”

1511726_10151821062291104_516140848_n                              1378208_10151666626956104_996055368_n

I’ll be posting more success stories soon!

Steph

Recent Posts