Alumni Success Series – William Lyon

Posted on March 5, 2014.

Hey everyone! Meet my friend William Lyon! He is such a young talent and I’m so happy that I got to know him during his time here at High Point. During his time here, he was the recipient of the very prestigious Celia Moh Scholarship during his senior year, which gave him a full scholarship!

William with Lillian August!

“I graduated from High Point University in May of 2013 with a major in interior design and a minor in home furnishings. During my first visit to HPU, I knew it was the university for me. The beauty of the campus was breathtaking and the professors and staff were caring and accommodating. It wasn’t until I experienced ‘campus life’ for myself that I realized: HPU is more than just the aesthetics. My professors quickly became mentors and my classmates became family, making for a nurturing environment.

Upon graduation, I moved to Connecticut and began working for Lillian August Designs, INC. as an associate manager. As a manager, I not only get to help clients with residential projects and assist local designers with their clients, I also participate in the business side of the design industry. Another perk of living in Connecticut is the short train ride to New York which allows me to go to design events for further education into what’s to come in the industry.

High Point taught me so much more than the discipline of my industry; it taught me how to pace myself, how to carry myself as a professional and how not to take opportunities for granted.

I attribute the majority of my success to hard work, the drive to reach my goals and the overwhelming support of both my family and my HPU family.”

Keep up the great work William!

Steph