Alumni Success Series – Johnathan Jones

Posted on April 2, 2014.

Hey everyone, meet Johnathan Jones. He graduated in 2013 with a B.S. in entrepreneurship and a minor in Communication. Currently, Johnathan is the Director of Technology and Facility at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center in Nashville, TN!

“Everyone starts to think about life past graduation at some point. For some, its well before they start there college journey and for others it is when they walk across the stage to accept their diploma. I leaned towards the earlier statement. You could fall anywhere in the spectrum, but we all end up as alumni. High Point University prepared me for that next step. My professors knew how to walk the fine line of optimism and realism. Professor Flander-stec painted such a vivid picture of her experiences in business with stories of her successes and failures. She gave us many tools to help us find the entrepreneurial spirit within us which drove my classmates and myself to work harder and find greater success. That is how I found The Nashville Entrepreneur Center (The EC). During my junior summer, I found an internship at The EC. I thought that interning at a center with startups would help me find my “great idea”. Instead, it pinpointed my strengths. I get the opportunity to help people with their ideas and startups. The EC has mentored over 2,000 ideas, connected companies to over $45 Million in capital, hosted seven international delegations, and created over 400 new jobs. I learn something new everyday and have a whole new prospective on what it means to launch a company.
I am also able to pursue my passion while working for The EC. I am the Director of Technology and Photographer/Videographer in Residence. I document all of our visitors, delegations and conferences. I go to work everyday and get to do something that I love. I get to help entrepreneurs “Turn Ideas into Reality” (EC Mission Statement). HPU prepared me for this role in many ways. The values of The EC and High Point University are closely aligned. Both organizations foster innovation and character development.”
Jonathan with Delegation from Saudi Arabia, They spent a week learning how to launch a entrepreneur center.

Johnathan with Delegation from Saudi Arabia, They spent a week learning how to launch a entrepreneur center.

Example of photos he takes at the center. This one was published in a regional magazine (Nashville Post)

The EC partnered with Google for Entrepreneurs and we are a Google Tech Hub!

This is a photo he took of the Nashville Skyline for an ad piece for The EC.

If you want to learn more about what Johnathan and the Entrepreneur Center do everyday, check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbIX6mDDso

Steph