Alumni Success Series – Gracie Silbaugh

Posted on April 9, 2014.

Hi everyone! Meet Gracie! Although I did not know Gracie during her time at High Point as an undergrad, we met last year through a mutual friend and she is just lovely! Here’s her story!

578088_1374612886117706_1499086373_n

“I was a double major in marketing and management and a minor in sales. Right out of school, I was recruiting for IT and sales until recently when I relocated to Raleigh. I am now a program manager in the Continuing Studies Department at Duke University. This is a role that allows for a lot of innovation and control over the programs and how they are run. I am responsible for finding students/ instructors for the programs, advertising, contract negotiation, vendor meetings, budgets and overall program coordination to ensure things run smoothing for the duration of each program.

My time at High Point really prepared me well for the real world through the academics, Greek Life and the ability to choose my own success path. One of the most beneficial assignments while at HPU was writing a complete business plan in Entrepreneurship class. I still use many of the concepts learned in that class today. I was also held accountable for all of my actions while at High Point (meeting deadlines, making certain grades to remain in good standing, etc.) which set me up for the real world since I am accountable for all of my actions in both my personal and professional life. The leadership skills, innovation, and responsibility that I learned while at High Point I have taken with me in my career and continue to expand on them each day.”
Hope to see you soon, Gracie!
Steph