Andy Answers Admitted Student FAQs

04.9.2014

Hello, future Panthers!

What an exciting time this is for you and your family—you’re in the final weeks of your high school careers! Congratulations on making it this far and on your stellar academic and extracurricular performance.

As a father, I know that this time in your lives can also present some anxiety. That’s why I want to do everything I can to make the transition from HPU accepted student to HPU freshman as seamless as possible.

My team and I are always available to answer any and all questions you might have. Below I answer some of your most frequently asked questions in hopes of making your transition to HPU an extraordinary experience.

I’ve been admitted to High Point University! Now…what do I do?

Congratulations! Demand for a spot at HPU has been higher than ever before this year, so your acceptance is already a huge accomplishment. Don’t let all your hard work and persistence go to waste! Secure your spot in the HPU Class of 2018 today by paying your enrollment deposit via your MyStuff account. After paying this deposit, sign up for one of our Early Registration events on campus. Not only will you meet hundreds of your future classmates at these events, you will also finalize your first-semester class schedule!

How can I start talking to my future classmates?

We have an official High Point University Class of 2018 Facebook page! You can request to join here and start connecting with your classmates.

Who can I speak with about financial aid?

Your admissions counselor is a great initial resource. They can help answer any general questions you might have regarding financial aid. After that, HPU’s Office of Student Financial Planning will work diligently to assist you and your parents as you pursue your education with us. You can contact their staff by calling (336) 841-9124.

Where should I live on campus? Do I need to choose a roommate myself?

While you are more than welcome to request a specific roommate via the online housing questionnaire, our Office of Student Life does an incredible job of matching incoming students to future roommates who have a great deal in common.

If you’d like even more assurance that you and your future roommate will share common interests and goals, check out our wide selection of Learning Communities. These communities are part of our dynamic residential living options at HPU. LCs allow first year students with similar interests, both inside and outside of the classroom, to live together and study together. Members of the LC will share a core group of three classes, making access to study groups and outside activities easy.

Please know that the housing priority deadline is May 1, 2014. As demand to attend HPU is at an all-time high, you must compete and submit your online housing questionnaire by this deadline in order for us to guarantee you housing on campus.

I’m nervous about college! What should I do?

Take a deep breath! We know this can be a nerve-wracking time for you, but rest assured that every member of the High Point University family is here to support you and help you on your college journey. You will meet incredible students here who will become your lifelong friends. You will study under professors who will mentor you well beyond your four years here. You will be a part of the family!

We love hearing from each and every one of you. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Welcome to the family!

Andy Bills' Signature

Andy Bills
Vice President for Enrollment

Andy Bills