The Global Experience programs provide students and HPU faculty with opportunities to be immersed in cultures unlike their own. Also known as “Maymesters,” these short-term programs link classroom instruction with intentional travel led by HPU faculty members to provide students a connection between what they are learning in the classroom with the current events and cultural legacies that they encounter abroad.
2021 Global Experience Programs
See below for the 2021 Global Experience “Maymester” programs. More information, including pricing and dates, will be provided by the Study Abroad Fair on October 1. Log into the Via TRM, the Study Abroad Portal, for more information on studying abroad and to build or access your study abroad profile.
A Note on Applications:
Applications will become available after the Study Abroad Fair, on October 1, and will remain open until the deadline. When applying, you will be able to note one back-up program should your preferred program become competitive and fill.
GE 2021 Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
- Ganbatte! Adventuring in Japan: Osaka, Japan
- Global Issues and the Built Environment, Vietnam
- Global Business: Exploring European Markets and Economies, Ireland, England, France, Netherlands
- HPU in London: Summer Studies in the Humanities, United Kingdom
- International Strategic Communication in Australia, Australia
- Marketing in Spain, Spain
- Placing Sicily: The Crossroads of the Mediterranean, Italy
- The Grand Tour in Italy: Drawing and Art, Learning from the Masters, Italy
Past Global Experience Programs
For many years, High Point University students and faculty have traveled throughout the United States and across the Globe on exciting short-term, faculty-led study programs. Read about these exciting programs and the students’ experiences on our Global Experience History page.