The Global Experience programs provide students and HPU faculty with opportunities to be immersed in cultures unlike their own. Also known as “Maymesters,” these short-term programs link classroom instruction with intentional travel led by HPU faculty members to provide students a connection between what they are learning in the classroom with the current events and cultural legacies that they encounter abroad.
2020 Global Experience Programs
See below for the 2020 Global Experience “Maymester” programs. Log into the Via TRM, the Study Abroad Portal, for more information on studying abroad, to access your profile, and to begin your application.
A Note on Applications:
Applications will become available after the Study Abroad Fair and will remain open until the deadline. When applying, you will be able to note one back-up program should your preferred program become competitive and fill.
GE 2020 Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
- Becoming Modern: Breakthroughs in Scandinavian Literature, Film, and Theatre
- Buddhism and Culture in Southeast Asia
- Exercise Science at Altitude: Nepal
- Explorations of France
- Ganbatte! Adventuring in Japan
- Global Business: Exploring European Markets and Economies
- History on the Road: War in the Land of Israel
- Holy Land: Geography, History & Theology in the Gospels and Second Temple Judaism
- Intermediate Spanish in Salamanca
- Life Across Space and Time: Global Biodiversity and Conservation in Australia
- Marketing in Spain
- Placing Sicily: The Crossroads of the Mediterranean
- Power & Politics Inside the Beltway: Washington D.C.
- Spanish Culture: Past and Present
- The Grand Tour in Italy: Drawing and Art, Learning from the Masters
Past Global Experience Programs
For many years, High Point University students and faculty have traveled throughout the United States and across the Globe on exciting short-term, faculty-led study programs. Read about these exciting programs and the students’ experiences on our Global Experience History page.