My name is Erica Lang, and I am an interior design major interning this summer at Sew Fine II in Durham, NC. This company is a full service design firm specializing in custom window treatments. I absolutely love interning for them and have learned so much about the job. One of my favorite things about working for an interior design firm is that every day is different. I have met amazing clients and the three designers that I work for are experts at what they do.

In my first 2 weeks at Sew Fine II, I was able to go on a few instillations of Hunter Douglas shades, help pick out fabric for a client’s kitchen and living room draperies, deliver furniture to set up in the home and assist in picking out wallpaper and tile for a master bathroom. I have been to about 10 client’s homes already and am learning so much about interactions between the designer and home owners. When I am not out on appointments, I help out around the showroom updating the fabrics and assisting anyone that comes into the studio. I can’t wait to wake up every day and go to work knowing that I will be doing something new and exciting.