This past week has been unbelievably crazy in the office in preparation of opening night! Right now they’re loading in the set and the entire building is buzzing with busy people but it’s so much fun!

I’ve been running around the past few days, getting my hands in so many different aspects of the theater! I got to hang up posters in the lobby to make it all performance-ready, as seen in the photo! Also, I’ve been working on an excel spreadsheet the past few days and let me tell you, I’m so grateful for my MIS class now. Before that class I barely knew how to do ANYTHING in excel, so I can just imagine how scary this assignment would have been if I hadn’t gained the experience in class.

Also, yesterday, the Artistic Associate and casting director at Triad Stage let me sit in on general auditions for the upcoming season. As a theater minor, this was SUCH a wonderful experience for me. It was the first time I have ever been on the other side of the table during auditions. It was truly eye-opening and it made me see how well the theatre department at HPU teaches us how to audition properly. It also gave me insight on how to approach upcoming auditions in the fall! Well, I should probably finish this spreadsheet – Until next time!