Hello! I am three weeks deep into my internship at SAS Institute in Cary, NC. SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services.  I am fortunate to be interning with the Competitive Sales Intelligence (CSI) team and as part of the Social Media Monitoring and Response (SMMR) pilot team. For the CSI team,  I conduct research through social media on major competitors of SAS in the software industry. I am the eyes and ears for the CSI team on Twitter, Linkedin, and other micro blogs. Gaining information on what users like and dislike about competitors of SAS is valuable information for how to market SAS products in the future.

For the SMMR team, I help monitor Twitter and Linkedin traffic for customer service and potential sales leads. The team answers any questions people might have about their current SAS products or give them any information on SAS products they are seeking to purchase, all while maintaining a positive image of the company. So far I have been learning more everyday about analytics software industry and SAS’offerings. It is great to be able to apply my skills learned in the classroom to real world business situations. I’ll check in with you again next week!