I hate to break any San Antonio Spurs fan’s hearts, but I am glad Oklahoma City won the west conference finals. It might not jump out at you at first, but the Spurs and SAS software have a lot in common in the Twitter world. They both share the same hash tag (#SAS)! So when the Spurs have a game it can make monitoring tweets with #SAS rather interesting. It is amazing all the different information you can find when monitoring Twitter. That is why it is now crucial for almost every company in the world to have a social media department. Even if you are a small startup, you can use social media to grow your customer base.

I am also excited to say that I was able to use my video production skills this week! I wasn’t expecting to be doing any video editing because SAS has its own impressive video production department. So when a manager needed a quick edit job done to shorten some meeting footage, I jumped on the opportunity. You never know when video production skills will come in handy in the marketing world. Till next week!