A few qualities that I have already seen to be essential in this industry are: the ability to be patient yet work fast, pay close attention to detail, and ALWAYS be willing to work. When you struggle with an assignment or can’t seem to figure out what to do, you have to be patient and think creatively until you find a solution. You MUST work efficiently in the PR world. There is no time to leave wasted, you are working on strict deadlines and opportunities are always fleeting, so being able to work at an efficient pace is crucial. However, the quality of your work must not suffer at the expense of your quick pace, being detail-orientated is HUGE. When you publish something with mistakes, it is a poor reflection on your employer, the brand and yourself. Being willing to work hard is another great attribute to have as an intern. No task is too little, and you should always be asking, “What can I do next?”

I have more the beginning of my internship at French/West/Vaughan. I am excited to see what’s awaiting me in the next few months.  Stay posted! More stories, pictures, and insights are to follow.