For those of you avid readers out there, you may notice that this is, in fact, my very first post of the summer. Regardless, I have been spending my days interning in Manhattan, at The Morris+King Company, a public relations firm located in Union Square. Oh, and for what it’s worth, I couldn’t be happier.

The Morris+King Company (MKC) represents clients such as AOL, National Geographic, The Ritz-Carlton, Wikipedia, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, to name a few. However, the Morris+King Company also maintains an incredibly strong relationship with the tech industry, representing companies such as Aviary, Yext, Tracx, Dachis Group, Kaboodle, and many, many more. I personally, spend my time on the tech-side of the firm, working closely with Founding Partner and Co-Principal, Mr. Andy Morris.

As a “Tech Intern,” I have become familiar with the tech industry, both nationally and globally, staying up-to-date with all and any sites, blogs, Twitter accounts and anything else related to the tech industry, an industry that appears to be taking over the world one startup company at a time. 

Essentially, I have been given the incredible opportunity to work with MKC clients, attending and engaging in client meetings, compiling and analyzing client-related data, brainstorming to help develop marketing and public relations campaign ideas, and even work creatively on presentations, using PowerPoint and other related software. As if it couldn’t possibly get any better, I am surrounded by brilliant, highly experienced public relations professionals, all of whom are more than willing to help me learn about and adjust to working (successfully and effectively) in the public relations industry. 

All in all, I am learning A TON. Now that I have gotten myself in a little routine, starting my internship just over three weeks ago, I have some time to “jot down” my thoughts in the form of a blog post every once in a while. So for those of you reading this High Point University blog, plan on seeing my name every few days. I have a lot going on, and I need somebody to listen!

Cheers,

John