Published on June 25, 2012, by in Internships, Marketing.

Public Relations, Internship, French, West, Vaughan, Elle, High Point UniversityToday I have reached the one-month mark in my internship with French/West/Vaughan. What an incredible experience so far!

This week I have been busy working on editorial calender pitches to major US magazines, including one of my personal favorite magazines, Elle. I have also constructed a press release that was published and submitted to media outlets nationally!! I have witnessed the process of writing copy, having it edited and composing several drafts until you finally have a final product. It was such an honor to have my writing actually used by FWV for such a major client, International Gemological Institute. My release was picked up by several publications, the first being JCK Magazine, a top jewelry trade magazine.

I have to give a major shout out to some of the PR and journalism professors I have had at HPU so far: Dr. Hayes, Dr. Yang and Professor Watson, Thank you for your instruction and constant help in the classroom! It’s been awesome to see what I have learned in the classroom be translated into tangiable work.