Editor’s Note: This is the third entry in a series from our bloggers that offers career and internship advice to the incoming Class of 2016.

I have officially been working for FWV for almost two months now. What an experience! Everyday I come to the office, I am excited to see what project awaits me. I have worked hard this summer and will continue to keep up my work ethic. Interning is tough, but positive results make it worthwhile.

You need to prepare yourself before agreeing to complete an internship. In the coming weeks, the class of 2016 will start their college careers, my advice to all of you incoming freshmen: Start thinking about internships now! It is never to early to start looking into opportunities that will enhance your future. College isn’t just about learning in the classroom; it’s imperative to gain professional experience as well. Get involved on campus. HPU has countless organizations that will help you figure out what you’re passionate about. I joined Kappa Delta Sorority my freshman year, and I never thought that it would open up doors for me professionally–but it has in more ways than one. I am currently the Vice President of Public Relations, and in that role I have prepared myself for my internship and my future career. I am also the Director of Publicity for PRSSA-Public Relations Student Society of America. Pre-professional organizations exist for nearly every major at HPU, so look into them when you get to campus! Another bit of advice for you advantageous freshmen - schedule an appointment with the Office of Career and Internship Services sometime during your freshman year to talk about your career goals. It will help you set a track and plan how to best use your four years to ensure you attain those goals. Good luck class of 2016, and welcome to HPU!