JoelGreetings from the Windy City! This summer I am the Sports Operations Intern at the National Collegiate Scouting Association (NCSA) in Chicago, IL. First off, if you haven’t spent any time in Chicago during the summer, you are depriving yourself of a great time. This city has it all. I digress.

To give you a very basic idea of what goes on at NCSA: It is a company that helps high school student-athletes get recruited to play college sports at any level (DI, DII, DIII, and NAIA). Feel free to visit NCSA’s website at www.ncsasports.org to learn more.

So what exactly do I do with NCSA you might be asking? Or you might not be asking and simply scrolling through these blog posts to view the awesome photos my fellow classmates have posted, never knowing I even said this, but that’s understandable. Well, my position entails doing anything and everything that needs to be completed. Cue the sighs and the “typical internship” thought you just had. NOT SO FAST. The Sports Operations intern team, including my two sidekicks Davion and Matt, are here to learn as much as possible about every department within the company. We partake in weekly training sessions that review one specific department per week. I quite enjoy the educational aspect of the job.

However, most of our time is spent doing projects for all of these different departments. So far I have worked with Partner Programs, the baseball and football scouting teams, Event Logistics and a handful of others. I have done research, data entry, made phone calls to parents and I’ve even written an article for the NCSA High School newsletter. All that has been great, but the project that has really been fun is the scavenger hunt project I am working on with Davion. We are in charge of planning a scavenger hunt for the NCSA Athleadership team (CEO, President, etc…) around the entire city of Chicago. This has been heaps of fun and I can’t wait until the actual event in July.

So there is a little bit about my time here thus far. If you enjoyed hearing about my internship, then you should continue reading this blog… because many of my classmates have equally, if not more, exciting opportunities this summer. Until next time, friends!