Blog 2 TaylorThis internship is clearing the path for me to make my first steps into the media and entertainment industry. I dabbled in the entertainment industry last summer when I interned for the New Britain Rock Cats, AA affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. The experience prepared me well for the journey I am about to embark.

When I first walked into the building for orientation I did not know what to expect. The dress was casual and the arrival time was an expected 15 minutes early. All meetings start at 4pm sharp and the staff is to arrive 15 minutes prior. I knew I would be right at home when one of the first things my boss said was “if you’re early you’re on time, if you’re on time you’re late, and if Blog 1you’re late you’re wasting time.” This was the second time I had heard this phrase. The first time came from High Point University’s very own Nido Qubein.

As I sat there in the lively room, I quickly learned that to survive in the media and entertainment industry one must be upbeat, personable and outgoing. Three qualities that I possess and will get to utilize during my internship. The excitement is overwhelming.

Not only am I representing Clear Channel Communication, but also top radio stations. I am Country 92.5. I am Kiss 95.7. I am 97.9 ESPN. I am KC 101.3. I am The River 105.9. I am Fox Sports 1410. I am 960 Fox News. I am 1300 ESPN Radio. I am a team player in a large effort to provide quality music and great entertainment.

By interning at Clear Channel Communication, I hope to gain a solid grasp of what it takes to succeed in the media and entertainment industry. I want to experience and understand the true amount of hard work, time, effort and dedication it takes to plan, promote and execute a successful live event. I’ve signed the paperwork. It is official, I am the Integrated Marketing Intern in the Media and Entertainment department for Clear Channel Communication.