5.23 Turkey LegOn day four of my NASCAR internship it was only natural for us to take a lunch break and head down to Speed Street, which is a three-day NASCAR-based festival of food, fun and freebies. Race fans, or anyone really, gather in the streets of Charlotte to enjoy music and festivities.

We wandered around for about an hour and a half just checking out the area and snacking on all the free food samples. I feel very lucky to work in an environment that feels that it’s necessary to work hard, but also necessary to have a little break and enjoy the beautiful weather and each other’s company. It was actually really interesting to see a lot of corporate people out and about in the Charlotte streets and enjoying all the fried food.

Davis (who works with me in Digital Operations) and I both decided that it was a stellar idea to get smoked turkey legs for lunch, despite the barbarian style you eat them. As delicious as they were, we both needed to track down toothpicks afterwards. The NASCAR family has made me feel at home already!