6.7 CherriesHappy Wellness Wednesday! The NASCAR Wellness Program had a big bowl of cherries placed in the kitchen along with fun facts about why they’re healthy. Did you know that they have cancer-fighting properties, they help prevent pain and they are good for a healthy heart and bones? I didn’t. But I do now. I’m learning more than just NASCAR-related things at this internship.

Aside from eating cherries all day, I got a lot done around the office. My biggest task was creating long list of projects that needed estimation before they could begin. It took a while because there was a lot of stuff to go through and a lot of detective work was necessary. By working with my boss, we got a pretty solid list put together.

I’ve also been assigned the daunting task of designing the plans for monthly, quarterly and yearly reports. Since this division is relatively new, one of the only established reports is sent out on a weekly basis. I’m in charge of initial planning for deciding what content will be presented in the bigger reports. I believe that I have a pretty solid foundation in place right now, but if anyone has any ideas, I wouldn’t be opposed to hearing them!