6.6 estateIt has been a busy week so far here in the WTOP Newsroom! I conducted MOS (Man-on-Street) interviews for WTOP yesterday, asking others about the possibility of hotels eliminating room service and having more limited service hotels rather than full service. Although it was often challenging getting people to stop and talk for a few minutes, I was able to get a solid amount of interviews with a variety of responses.

Yesterday, I was asked by a reporter to attend a press preview for the new “Living Artfully” exhibit taking place at the Hillwood Estate, Museum and 6.6 with Amanda MeadowsGardens. The Hillwood Estate belonged to Marjorie Merriweather Post, an American socialite and daughter of Ella Merriweather Post and Charles William Post, who founded the Post cereal empire, which later became General Foods Corporation. I was asked to attend the event, take pictures and write notes about the new features of the exhibit for the living section on WTOP’s website. Although I had visited the Hillwood Estate before, being on a private tour, by the head of oral history, and taking pictures at the estate made the visit very special.

I also had the pleasure of meeting D.C. traffic reporter for WJLA and High Point University alum, Amanda Meadows! Amanda reports the traffic for ABC7 from the WTOP traffic center. It was wonderful to meet an alum from High Point University who studied journalism.