6.7 ShirtI can’t believe that three weeks have already gone by since I started my internship at Office Depot. It is flying by way too quickly! Even though it’s only 10:15 a.m., today has already been crazy! Tropical Storm Andrea is leaving the sunshine state, but is still making her presence known; the power has gone out twice today already for all of corporate! This caused the Internet to lag so everyone has been having a relaxed morning. Even though I have meetings set for my day, you never know what is going to happen.

My manager found a box of Office Depot embroidered shirts in one of her closets in the office, and handed them out to everyone on our team today! You never know what kind of free gift you can get walking into the office.

Today was my first pay day! I am extremely fortunate to have found a paid internship. I am only taking a small portion of this paycheck for personal use; the rest of the money is going into a savings account for me to use once I graduate.

Overall, the past three weeks have been incredible. I have attended countless meetings and held integral parts in contribution to my team’s college initiative; I have grown my knowledge base on Excel; I have completed projects and briefs; and I have formed friendships with fellow co-workers and interns that I know will last a lifetime. I hope everyone has a great weekend!